Good evening one and all.
This will be brief, and my bed is calling most earnestly to me considering the whirlwind turmoil of a day I face tomorrow. Believe it or not, I leave, in approximately 15 1/2 hours, for Brooklyn, New York, on my missions trip. Now, there is little to say about the trip or what we'll be doing, cuz as of now, I really know little of what to expect. And so, I will simply wait until my return and fill you in with much more interesting tid-bits comprised of stories and emotion, rather than facts and schedules. Wait for me patiently.
And so, Monday at 6:30 pm, I will be departing from school to catch a ferry to the mainland, drive to Seattle, and catch a 6:30 am flight Tuesday morning to the airport in NYC. Insane! We will then be in New York for the next two weeks, working with an organization called Metro Ministries in their ministry to the underprivileged in the Brooklyn projects. I expect it to be challenging, eye-opening, and altogether transformative. I anticipate God moving in incredible ways. And, all this being said, it doesn't help that I also get to do a little bit of sweet sight-seeing... Statue of Liberty, Times Square, or Ground Zero, anyone?! And so, what more to say? I'm bound for the Big Apple, excited and yet terrified out of my wits for what is to come. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait... and yet, I am wrought with this lingering nervous tension that clasps my stomach like a vise-grip. I am finally being struck with the reality of the situation, and am realizing the true seriousness of this, my mission. That, and I am coming to the recognition of the fact that I am a blonde, very white, small-town, Norwegian prairie girl, that sometimes says "y'all," going into the inner city as an obvious minority with no comprehension of that culture or that lifestyle. Should be interesting, folks... stay posted.
- Jess
p.s. - Your prayer over these next couple weeks for myself, my leaders, and my team would be so appreciated. Pray that we would be strong in the Lord, seeking and relying on Him in everything we encounter. Pray that we would be humble, selfless, unified, wise, discerning, and, in the utmost, loving. Pray that we would not hesitate to fully invest ourselves in our ministry. Pray that we would have no cause to regret. Pray that we would bask in our Lord's grace, goodness, and holiness, and that, through this experience, we might not only shine His light to unbelievers, but grow in our own relationships with Yahweh. Amen.
p.p.s - Our main "Kaleo Six" blog, which should be linked to my blogger profile, should have updated information about our teams and trip goings-on whilst we're on the mission field. Please feel free to stay updated on our progress, as well as that of the other two teams sent out from our school, to India and Vancouver/Ucluelet/Copper Island.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh girl! I am praying for you, your team and this whole situation. May you see God in the eyes of the people you come into contact with and may you be Jesus to those around you! Much love.
Jess
I looked at the title of your blog -- with your hair blowing in the wind. Lol!
Yes, allss I can say is, have you ever watched Beverly Hill Billies? You've certainly got the hill billy/ vancouver island look.
Post a Comment